Saturday, June 21, 2008

What This Site Will Do

So, I really hate people who write music reviews. I feel many of them are out of touch with today's music. They slobber over indie bands that only the nerdiest person in your gang has heard of.

I wanted to write reviews about rock music for people who listen to rock music. If they are on a major label, be they alternative, mainstream, rap-rock, metal, pop-rock, punk, I'll take a listen to their records and tell you what I think.

Why should you trust me? Because I love music, and I have no affiliations with any bands, whatsoever. I've never met a rock band, I haven't bought a CD since 2001, and I'm pretty sure I have a song I like from every band that currently exists in the hard rock stratisphere.

I'll review new CDs every week, and go back to more classic records as I have time. Sunday will feature:

-Coldplay Viva La Vida
-The Offspring Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace

Meanwhile, I'll be taking requests from readers to review records they want reviewed, be it classic or modern. Just shoot me an e-mail at SMLepore@comcast.net

See you tomorrow.

No comments: